Tuesday, February 5, 2013

A Stressed Time

Well it's getting to that time of year, and I am freakinnnn out.

It is currently in between show weekends of the Taming of the Shrew/Tamer Tamed for me, so I figured I would have a little time to relax a bit. So I decided I'd like to see Flogging Molly at the Fillmore.

Hopefully it will be awesome fun, but it's making it quite difficult to get everything done.

Everything that I'm doing I would usually enjoy a lot. In English we're starting our short stories, which I've been looking forward to all year. I so much prefer creative writing and the freedom it brings. I also love the success of finishing a great story, which I must say I struggle with a lot.

In Journalism we're also starting in on our feature stories, which I'm also pretty interested in, but I'm extremely concerned that I just don't have time for the proper amount of dedication and work it will take to write a decent story and do it justice.

In Media we're taking a break at least, but by the end of the week we will be back to trying to finish our documentaries, and the deadlines that are coming along with this short project are nothing if not intimidating.

In NSL we've been doing some pretty relaxing things, but it's kind of making me tense up for what's to come.

I hope that besides my classes I can get everything together, especially with missing some class next week to sing on Valentine's day (Intonation, Blair's a cappella group, is performing singing grams! Buy one near the SAC on February 11th, 12th, and 13th, during lunches).

Also, auditions for the spring musical, Into the Woods, are coming up just next week which is slightly terrifying.

I know this post is kind of ranty and pretty much just me complaining, but hopefully I'll be able to get back on track by the time the next post is due.

No comments:

Post a Comment