Friday, October 12, 2012

A passion?

In order to write about your passions, you have to know your passions. In order to know your passions, you have to know yourself very well.
Like many 15 year old girls I have absolutely no idea who I am. Thus, I know very little about my passions. It's true that I can be very excited about a hobby perhaps, or quite emotionally involved in a certain tv show or fandom, but how am I to know if that excitement will last through my life and be a true passion? It's simple. I don't.
There are few people I know that are my age that truly know their passions. There a few people my age who don't know have found their passions, but have nonetheless. At the same time, there are people years older than me who are still looking for their passion, and still there are people years into their careers who find their passion to simply be an infatuation and are left unmotivated. I wish (more than anything! <- I've had the Into the Woods soundtrack hopelessly stuck in my head) I will be able to find my true passion before that happens to me, but whatever happens happens.
For a few years I was convinced that I wanted to be a child psychologist who worked with art therapy. This conclusion seemed natural because I love working with children, I love art, and I am so curious about what makes people act the way they do. It was only once I understood that despite my deep interest in the topic I wasn't passionate about what I'd being doing, and I would end up hating my job. So now I am left with the understanding that I must be passionate about whatever job I end up pursuing, but no identified passion (that would reasonably translate to a serious job).

I do think that I might be passionate about volunteering and theatre, but time will tell.

1 comment:

  1. "Is that what you really wish?" Haha Into the Woods <3

    Go for the carpentry!!! I still think that you'd be a good interior designer.

    ReplyDelete